ANAESTHESIA & SURGICAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
Anaesthesiologists provide pre-operative care management for patients undergoing various types of surgery. South City Hospital is equipped with anaesthetic machines and sophisticated monitoring systems to ensure the safety of patients under anaesthesia.
All SCH operating theatres and recovery rooms are well equipped with air and fluid warming systems to reduce your discomfort and the risk of hypothermia.
Pain Management Service
Post surgical pain can now be better controlled with a dedicated team of doctors and nurses using various modalities of treatment and new equipment. To help them control and minimize pain, Patient Control Analgesia (PCA) with opioid medication, Epidural Analgesia and other types of nerve blocks can be offered to patients who have undergone major surgery.
The Department also provides a chronic pain service for patients who suffer from persistent pain, for example:
- Chronic low back, thoracic, and neck pain
- Sciatica and other spinal nerve problems
- Muscle pain (sprains, fibromyalgia, muscular tender points)
- Neuralgia (nerve related pain problems like shingles, diabetic neuropathy or injured peripheral nerves)
- Osteoarthritis affecting joints (hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, wrist)
- Cancer pain