- A simple hormone check test on the second day of the woman’s menstrual cycle.
- A pelvic ultrasound for the woman.
- A test to ascertain the potency, quantity and quality of the sperm.
- In a key-hole surgical procedure, a camera takes pictures of the peritoneal cavity, ovaries, tubes and uterus.
We will be asking you and your partner to elaborate on:
Your medical, surgical history (diabetes, hypertension etc)
Your sexual and occupational history
History of previous pregnancies
Previous relationships (second marriage etc)
Length and type of previous contraceptive used
History of STDs, alcohol, smoking, drug use
History of mumps as it can affect testicular function
History of hernia repair as some affect the scrotum, leading to obstruction
Your BMI or body mass index as obesity affects fertility
Causes of sub-fertility
- 40% of men who approach us have problems with the quality of their sperm or delivery mechanism
- 30% of women who approach us have ovulatory problems mainly due to polycystic ovarian syndrome
- 10% of women who approach us have tubal damage.
- Endometriosis and fibroids are the other major causes of female infertility.
- 15% to 20% of women are otherwise healthy but for unexplained reasons cannot conceive naturally
St-1, Block 3, Shahrah-e-Firdous, Clifton, Karachi 75600
For appointments and coordination please contact our team:
Mrs. Najma Zia
(+92) 321-928 5381
Mrs. Fatima Jamal
(+92) 341-646 4643
Dr. Sitwat Azeem
(+92) 315-867 7077